Commission for Liturgy and Sacraments (English Sector)
The English Sector Episcopal Commission for Liturgy and the Sacraments (ECLS), assisted by the National Liturgy Office, serves the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) in the following ways:
- Producing ritual and liturgical books for use in Canada in accordance with the Guidelines for Liturgical Publications and the requirements of the Holy See;
- Studying questions, at the request of the Bishops, regarding the liturgy and liturgical adaptations which may be proposed to the Holy See (cf. Sacrosanctum Concilium, no. 44);
- Assisting the CCCB President in maintaining relations with the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments, the International Commission on English in the Liturgy (ICEL), and other national and international liturgical groups;
- Coordinating work and national studies, wherever possible, with the Commission pour la liturgie et les sacrements and its corresponding Office national de liturgie.
- Reviewing music and hymns for approved liturgical use by the Catholic Church in Canada;
In addition to the Commission’s work, the National Liturgy Office assists the CCCB in the preparation of the Ordo for each new liturgical year.
The Most Rev. John Boissonneau, Chairman
The Most Rev. Brian Dunn, Representative with ICEL
The Most Rev. Peter Hundt
The Most Rev. Stephen Jensen
Directrice et secrétaire de la Commission
Christina Ronzio, M.A.
National Liturgy Office
2500, promenade Don Reid
Ottawa (ON) K1H 2J2
613-241-9461, poste 108